21 June 2021
Good news! From Monday, June 21, business travel between Finland and EU/Schengen countries has reopened.
This means you can finally book those long-awaited business trips to see your colleagues and clients on the other side of the Baltic Sea.
- You can now travel from EU and Schengen countries to Finland for work.
- You must take a coronavirus test up to 72 hours before entering Finland for work.
- You can travel to Finland from EU and Schengen countries for leisure (tourism) if you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 less than six months ago.
- You can enter Finland by air, sea and land.
- Entry restrictions are lifted for a handful of countries with low infection rates (see list).
Finland travel restrictions from non-EU and non-Schengen countries
Australia, South Korea, Israel, Rwanda, Singapore, and New Zealand belong to a so-called ‘EU Green List’. People from these countries can enter Finland, as long as they travel directly from their country. People may also enter from China, Hong Kong, and Macau but only for essential reasons. See the full list and details on the Finnish Government’s website.
When travelling from a non-EU and non-Schengen country not on the green list – like the UK, the US or Russia – you are only allowed to enter Finland for work that is essential for ensuring security of supply and the functioning of society. Your employer will have to fill out a form explaining why your work in Finland is considered essential.
Returning to Finland for citizens and residents
If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Finland, you are allowed to leave and enter the country. If you are returning to Finland from a ‘high-risk’ country, you must do a health check upon returning. You can take a COVID-19 test at the border, and, if you’d like to avoid a 14-day quarantine, you can take a second test no earlier than 72 hours after your arrival. If you don’t take a second test, you have to quarantine for 14 days.
Book your business travel accommodation
Let Bob W host you during your next trip to Tallinn or Helsinki. Each Bob W short-stay apartment comes with everything you need to work, play and sleep for days, weeks or months. Each space is also sanitised before your stay to our ‘Ridiculously Clean Standard’, a 63-step process. Learn more about getting special business rates.
Where to get more information
- Finnish Border Guard – Detailed guidelines
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare – Travel FAQ
- Visit Finland – Practical information for travelling during the pandemic
- Finnish Government – Travel to and from Finland, list of countries
- COVID-19 Testing in Finland – Testing, quarantine and isolation
- Estonian Government – Travel between Estonia and Finland
- COVID-19 Testing in Estonia – Paid testing, test sites and certificates