Last updated: 09.02.2024
Bob W. Gamle Oslo,
Our beautiful apartments are equipped with modern fire alarms and automatic sprinklersystems, but fire safety is the responsibility of each guest.
As per the local regulations, everyone in the building needs to be familiar with the FireSafety routines. Please take the time to read this info.
General fire safety rules
● Your main evacuation route in case of fire is the main staircase. Some apartments have a second Fire Department escape route through the windows. Please check the evacuation plan on your apartment door for that.
● Everyone has a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket in the apartment.
● Please make sure you know where the fire extinguisher is located at your apartment.
● Fire blankets can be found in the kitchen cabinet above the stove.
● If you have a battery for an electric bicycle, then this should not be hidden away, but be readily available. The device must be charged according to the user manual and only when you are present.
● PCs, mobile phones and tablets should only be charged when you are in the apartment.
● If you use candles, make sure that they are not placed on a flammable surface or near easily flammable objects, e.g. curtains. Remember to blow out the candles before going to bed.
● Smoking is not allowed in the apartments.
Procedure if a fire starts
1. The alarm will immediately go off.
2. Call 110. Say who you are and where the fire is.
3. Try to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher.
4. Leave the apartment quickly the same way you entered it.
Procedure if a the fire alarm is triggered due to smoke or ooze from cooking. There is no actual fire
1. Go to the fire alarm panel at the entry on the 1st floor.
2. Turn the key clockwise if it is not already in that position.
3. Press“Stopp/omstart alarm”.
4. Check which detector in which apartment triggered the alarm. Use the floor plans next to the fire panels to identify the apartment.
5. In case the alarm went off in your own apartment, then:
a. Take off the smoke detector in the apartment, wait 1 minute and put it back on.
b. Go back to the panel and push a few seconds on the “Tilbakestill” button. If it’s done right, the system should reset and you will see a loading from 0% to 100%.
c. Turn the key counterclockwise.
6. In case the alarm didn't go off in your apartment:
a. Let our Guest Success team know, which apartment it was using a “Contact Bob” feature in your online Guest Area or contact us using the numbers displayed on the Brand Wall in your apartment.
If this happens during the day, one of our staff will come immediately to make sure the panel is back on a normal operation.
If this happens at night, we’ll come first thing in the morning.
If you have any questions or need help understanding the fire safety routines, we are here to help.
Contact us in case of emergency: +47 23 50 70 98
Thank you for taking care of yourself and the people around you,